03.04 - Day 6 - George Town, Malaysia
Friday 3rd April
George Town Penang, Malaysia
Temperature Min 25, Max 32
9,662 steps
A different early morning expedition today - this time a walk to a laundrette to sit and watch all our clothes tumble and turn. Kate creates a spider's web drying line in our room before breakfast. I realise as I leave that I've been sat in breakfast for two and a half hours from 7:15am as team Rees-Jones pass through and fits and starts.
Some shade is sought in the local fire station with a few models and old photos.
After seeking out a few murals, we take respite in a cafe for ice cream whilst Mema and Pawpaw begin a hunt for eli-pant trousers.
Back to the pool at Citadines before Mema and Pawpaw head out for a tour of the famous Blue Mansion. The tour group is too big so the game guide repeats each room twice - though it does double the length of the tour.
On their way back they grab Some Vietnamese dinner, while Kate, Sienna, Seb and I find ourselves next door at Tong Song Roasted House again for tasty BBQ pork and chicken with rice.
The evening finishes early again with card games in our room and a couple of G&Ts.








